Friday, March 15, 2013

Where have YOU been?!

Uuh, this is awkward. It's been nearly two years since my last blog post. I did give up on this blog, but had a random itch recently to give it some more love. I love reading (cough, stalking) everyone else's blogs and yearn to pour my own story all over you. I'll sum up my past two years in a few words and pictures. Then maybe in a few days we can get back to the grindstone and start exploring some obligatory nothingness.

Sound good? Enjoy.

We bought a house in 2011.
















We got married in May, 2012. That one was pretty fun.













I had a pretty killer bridal shower party for said wedding.















I got a tattoo of said anniversary.













We went to Europe for our honeymoon.





















I bought a bike. Rode the High Trestle Trail in the rain.
Combined with other factors, lost 30 pounds.














We hosted our fourth Thanksgiving dinner.
Our guests got to enjoy this.











I went to the Detroit Auto Show (partly for the Iowa BMW Club).




















I also bought a new car, got a new job, landscaped the crap out of our yard, got new glasses for driving, I started judging high school speech competitions. I volunteer at two animal shelters, attend church every week, currently going through a Bible study. I'm planning an all-journalism reunion for April at Drake. We gained some new friends, lost some to the heavens and each day I get more happy with my life.

Whew.

I honestly think the Niki from 2 years ago would be very, very pleased. I cannot wait to see what will happen in the next two! I certainly have a lot up my sleeve, so buckle up!

2 comments:

  1. Glad I found this! Love reading about what's going on with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Reading yours also inspired me to get back at it. :-)

      Delete